There is a trend in taking dietary supplements. People take supplements to make up for the nutrients not gained due to a poor diet or a vegetarian lifestyle. People also take diet pills when they don’t like eating, or they are undergoing a diet. Dietary supplements are synthetic products that are taken to supplement people’s diet. It can come in a pill, chewable gum, energy bar, tablet, capsule, or liquid.
Many people in the United States favor using diet pills to get synthetic nutrients. The type of synthetic nutrient most targeted by Americans is vitamins. However, there is a raging debate in scientific quarters about the effectiveness of these synthetic vitamins. In this post, we would be collaborating with health researchers at best uk essay writing service on the difference between natural vitamins and synthetic vitamins.
Benefits of Vitamins
Vitamins are nutrients that our bodies need to function optimally. These vitamins are derived from food or supplements as the body cannot produce them on its own. However, they have many benefits for the body, and we have examined some of these benefits below.
- Vitamin A helps with improving the eyes vision
- Vitamin B1 contributes immensely in helping us gain energy as it breaks down blood sugar.
- Vitamin B2 helps to break down food and also aids the growth of body cells.
- Vitamin B3 ensures that the body’s cells work correctly
- Vitamin B5 aids the production of hormones for the body and contributes to the energy-making process of the body
- Vitamin B6 helps the body form red blood cells as tested by assignment helper online research enthusiasts.
- Vitamin B7 helps to break down proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. It also boosts the growth of hair, nails, and skin.
- Vitamin B9 helps in the development of DNA and RNA
- Vitamin B12 helps create a sound nervous system
- Vitamin C helps the body create collagen. Also, it helps heal the body’s wound and contributes to the formation of the bone. In addition, it improves the functions of blood vessels, boosts immunity, and helps in iron absorption. Furthermore, it performs the functions of an antioxidant
- Vitamin D helps to strengthen the bone
- Vitamin E reduces stress and improves immunity
- Vitamin K helps the blood to clot.
Meaning of Natural and Synthetic Vitamins
Natural vitamins are nutrients that the body needs to function optimally. Natural vitamins are derived from food sources, while synthetic vitamins are derived from artificial sources. These artificial sources can be drinks, energy bars, pills chewing gum, capsules, etc. Note that synthetic vitamins are different from supplements that are derived from dried food. However, the goal of synthetic vitamins is to copy the functions of natural vitamins in the body. This is poorly done.
Are there Differences Between Natural and Synthetic vitamins
The main difference has to be the difference between the way these vitamins are manufactured. Natural vitamins are made in the body by consuming certain types of food, while synthetic vitamins are made through artificial means. However, chemically there is little difference between the natural vitamins found in plant or animal sources and the ones that are artificially made.
Even with the bit of difference in chemical composition, there is a vast difference in the biological reaction of our bodies to synthetic vitamins. For instance, when you eat plant-based or animal-based food, you aren’t targeting a single nutrient but will consume many nutrients that vitamins would be inclusive. There is an interplay or interaction between these nutrients, allowing your body to absorb these nutrients and use them optimally for the body.
On the other hand, synthetic vitamins contain a single type of nutrient, and studies show the body might find it hard to absorb these synthetic vitamins. Some vitamins may be easily absorbed than others. Certain studies show that the body easily absorbed natural vitamin E than artificial vitamin E. The expert scientific researchers at essay writing service uk support this study
Conflicting Reports on the Functioning and Absorption of Synthetic Vitamins
- For Multivitamins, some reports claim that it helps in reducing heart diseases and the risk of cancer. Other words claim it doesn’t reduce heart diseases and is more likely to increase the chances of getting cancer. A five-year study on the benefits of high-dose multivitamins for the heart revealed would not improve the heart’s Furthermore, some research shows that multivitamins had positive effects on memory. However, other studies thoroughly debunked it after carrying out a 12-year study.
- Vitamin B, on the one hand, is touted to increase brain function. But, on the other hand, such reports are described as merely speculative as vitamin B supplement doesn’t have any positive benefits for the brain.
- Vitamin D supplements have also become subjects of great scrutiny among scientists. Natural vitamin D has excellent effects on health and immunity, but scientists disagree about if vitamin D supplements have the same effect. Also, vitamin D helps in keeping bones healthy and strong. In addition, it helps in improving brain capacity and reduces the risk of cancer. Current studies have not reached a conclusive report of vitamin D supplements have such an effect yet. However, scientists agree that when you take vitamin D supplements with calcium, you can enjoy a healthier bone structure as an adult.
This summarizes the problem with a vitamin supplement. They could be effective, but they might need to be taken alongside other supplements. So, don’t buy a supplement on your own. Always do so upon a prescription.
How to Identify If Your Vitamin Supplement is Natural or Artificial
The obvious answer to this would be to check the label. However, if you don’t know what to look for, there is no use looking at the label for hints. When you are checking the label, do the following
- When the manufacturer writes 100% natural. Go further to check the ingredient deck whether it is indicated that the manufacturer’s natural is plant-based or synthetic
- Find the source of food to see if any food type is mentioned. If there is a list of food, then the supplement may be natural. If there isn’t, the supplement is artificial (Remember many supplement companies “cheat” and do not disclose or misrepresent the truth.
- When you see salt forms such as acetate, chloride, hydrochloride, etc., know the supplement is artificial as manufacturers use salt to stabilize synthetic supplement
- When you see the letters DL before a nutrient, such supplement is synthetic.
Emily Harrinson is one of the most influential editors who work for a London big company. She has been with this big company since 2006. Emily is also a writer who had written essays for an essay writing service uk. She has also advised a cheap coursework writing service. She loves reading books, listening to music, and playing sports. She radiates positivity.
Natural ingredients, no complicated chemical substances, squeaky clean label, zero synthetics, and rich in antioxidants and natural nutrition- ditch those detox and quick weight-loss gimmicks and get your glow on through real food goodness.
NutriFusion develops all‐natural fruit and vegetable powders that are nutrient dense for when you do not have access to fresh produce…and even when you do, to improve your vitamin intake. Sourcing only whole, non-GMO foods, NutriFusion offers consumers a concentrated micronutrient and phytonutrient-rich food ingredient blends. With a farm-to-table philosophy, NutriFusion’s proprietary process stabilizes the nutrients from perishable fruits and vegetables, allowing a longer shelf life and access to vital nutrients.
NutriFusion fruit and/or vegetable powders are for use in foods, beverages, supplements, and pet foods.
NutriFusion can help! Visit us at www.nutrifusion.com.