Today’s blog post focuses on a great infographic from PrecisionNutrition about the powerful benefits of eating fruits & vegetables. The importance of phytonutrients is greatly underestimated. PrecisionNutrition does an incredible job at showcasing how different colors of fruits & vegetables contain special benefits. Read through the infographic to learn more.
Key Points From the Infographic
To Maximize Health, Eat 1 Cup Per Day of Each Color
- “Color deficiencies” in phytonutrients increase our risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, cancer, diabetes, and more.
Green Fruits & Vegetables are Rich in These Phytonutrients
- EGCG, isothiocyanate, lutein, zeaxanthin, isoflavones, flavonoids, coumestans
Red Fruits & Vegetables are Rich in These Phytonutrients
- Lycopene, ellagic acid, caffeoylquinic acids, hydroxybenzoic acids
Yellow/Orange Fruits & Vegetables are Rich in These Phytonutrients
- Alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, hesperetin, beta-cryptoxanthin, flavonols, terpenoids, phthalides
White Fruits & Vegetables are Rich in These Phytonutrients
- Flavonols, allicin, quercetin, sulfides
Purple/Blue Fruits & Vegetables are Rich in These Phytonutrients
- Anthocyanins, resveratrol, hydroxycinnamic acids
NutriFusion® Delivers Stabilized Phytonutrients
We all know that food processing causes a lot of challenges for manufacturers. Delivering natural nutrition through the process is very difficult. So, we developed NutriFusion® to help packaged and processed food manufacturers deliver whole fruit & vegetable nutrition through processing to the end product. Our patent pending method stabilizes the vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients from fruits & vegetables through the entire food processing system. We have a variety of special blends called GrandFusion® that deliver on the different colors mentioned above. We can also create custom blends to meet your specific needs. Our ingredients come from non-GMO, organic produce. Click the button below to learn more about the science and research behind NutriFusion® .